Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Beer concern

So my beer has not shown signs of fermenting as of yet.  (No bubbling)  I am not sure how much specific temperature regulation affects it, but that doesn't seem to be a major concern any talks about unless your doing a Lager.  The guy at the supply store suggested I try to increase the temperature (I had it around 60 degrees) to between 65 and 70.  He also recommended adding more yeast and suggested K97 German ale yeast.  I added the additional yeast last night and moved the wort to a slightly warmer location.  Now we continue to wait.

3 comments:

  1. How hot was the wort when you put the yeast in? Was it dry yeast or liquid? Did you "high pour" the water when you put it in your bucket to oxygenate it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a pal of Pete's and he knows I've made a few buckets of beer. Good luck! Relax and have a homebrew! (Mike Mannelly)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first pitch the wort was at 75 degrees, second time it was 64. Both times it was dry, just pitched on top. (per included directions)

    ReplyDelete